A New Beginning


 I'm a little late with my Easter greetings. My kiddos have been exchanging more than Easter eggs - we've had a stomach virus making the rounds through our household lately. But for those of you on a liturgical calendar, we are all just beginning our Easter celebration, so I guess I'm not so late after all.

Lent brought many unexpected twists and turns this year. By the middle of it, I found myself telling God it'd take a resurrection - in my own life, to deal with everything coming at me. As the song below reminded me today, I found myself afraid to hope anymore for fear I'd be let down again. By the time Easter rolled around, I was ready for a whole lot of just plain boring, but that is not to be the case this year.

This year brings with it lots of new scenery. There is MUCH to be grateful for. God is always working every detail together for our good, and while not everything on my personal list is resolved, and new resurrections await, God's blessings already astound me. The only thing that can be greater than the difficulties we may face are the sheer abundance of blessings that God pours out for all our troubles. He always shows up right on time.

What new blessings does Easter bring to your own life this season? What in your own life needs the power of the resurrection this day? 

I leave you today with a new song that I discovered in the midst of all this change. I hope it blesses you as much as it blessed me. It's called "Counting My Blessings" by Seph Schlueter and Matt Maher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIOIvxFp7YM

Peace be with you.


"We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28 NRSVCE


Popular Posts