Christ Before Me, Christ Behind Me: Looking to the Summer Ahead

I finally wrote my last mothers group reflection for the school year, which I will include an excerpt from below. I am still amazed at how God provided for me week after week. I had just began writing here on my blog when a new mothers ministry began at our local parish. In our first meeting, as an ice breaker, we had to talk about one thing that we are good at or enjoy doing. I had just started blogging and threw that out there. The next thing I knew, I was writing a weekly devotional for them. 

I had no idea what I was getting myself into and there were times that I was staring at a blank computer screen right before a deadline, wondering what in the world I could possibly have to say that week, and yet God provided time and time again. He has been so good to me. I am looking forward to turning a little more attention to my own writing here. We will see how that desire pans out with three bored kids home for the summer, looking for something to do. Things could get interesting. Stay tuned...

As we continue through this Easter season and begin to wind down for the close of the school year to part ways for various summer destinations, I am reminded of a favorite prayer. Many of you may be familiar with his prayer already. I will only include an excerpt here:

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every one who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the threeness,
Through confession of the oneness
Of the Creator of Creation.”

- St. Patrick


May Christ be in all you do, in all you meet, and in each place that you go this summer, and I look forward to seeing you all again in the fall. Peace be with you.


Popular Posts